Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Novel Idea - My love of Paranormals

I have been contemplating trying something new.. outside my normal writing genre/sub genre. Although my first two books were more contemporary relationship based and based on "real times", my heart wanted to write something totally different. When I wrote in Between Lies, I had no idea that it would be receieved as well as it was and my growing audience wanted more of Savannah, Kevin, and the now infamous Naomi, so Intimate Illusions was born as the sequel. Prior to writing Intimate Illusions, I really had not thought of penning it at all, until the demand and requests came for it. I was actually in the process of writing "Dark Whispers," which is  still on the back burner. Dark Whispers is more of a suspense, kind of dark, as the title suggest. I wanted to step out of the contemporary scene for a while and get my feet wet in the paranormal which seems to be the big thing now and a favorite realm for me. (I'm a huge day dreamer anyway)

I fell in love with Paranormal and Time Travel Romances as a teen and have been drawn to the wonders and unknown pretty much all of my life. So it's natural for me to want to write it... right? For the sheer pleasure of escapism, reading/writing paranormal romances fit the bill. So my next quest is to write the paranormal that I would love to read (even though after writing Intimate Illusions, people are wanting to know more about the antics of Naomi, the surprise baby, the turmoil that she caused, and more...and its coming!). 

One of my all time favorite authors of the paranormal is Jude Deveraux. A Knight in Shining Armor set the stage for me, and apparently, it's a fav among a lot of readers. I discovered her as a teen and that was it for me. I was struck by the bug and started to devour every book of hers and any other one that resembled it. Another author I really like is Marilyn Campbell who wrote Stardust Dreams and Worlds Apart, among others... fantastic author! You should really visit her site if you love paranormals!

Anyway, with that said, I have placed the third installment of my "Naomi" series (never thought it would become a series, so I never labeled it as such, but I guess it is now), on hold for a moment and started a kick butt paranormal featuring a hard core female with some really cool paranormal abilities, a hot rmance to match...and... well I can't tell you now, but stay tuned for some excepts and the final copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment